What are you looking for?

Friday, August 26, 2011

Lunch Ideas For The Hubby



Athough he has never said it, I think anyone would get sick of sandwiches everyday. So I sat down & came up with new versions of sandwiches, and other yummy things that I know my hubby will love. He doesn't have access to a microwave during his day so I have to find different ways to keep food hot & make it easier to eat since he's usually driving when he's eating. Here are some of my ideas that he seems to really enjoy.

1. Sandwiches-of course. But I make lots of different kinds with different breads. He loves sourdough. He also really like meatloaf sandwhiches that I heat up & wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm. He also likes BLTs. I will make extra bacon at breakfast and use the tomatoes from our garden.

2. I also make wraps. I like to use the different colored wraps & put all kinds of veggies inside. Different colored peppers, sliced onions, spinach lunch meat, cubed chicken, chicken salad. It doesnt fall out nearly as easy if its in a wrap.

3. He loves pigs in a blankets. I make them up early in the week & use a big pack of hotdogs two packs of cresent rolls. You can put a few in his lunch everyday, or make it the main course! I heat them up really hot before he leaves for work & wrap them in aluminum foil.

4. Leftover are always a good choice. I always put an extra piece of chicken on the night before or make a little more pasta than we need so that I can put it in his lunch the next day.

5. I would recommend a thermos. Especially for cold weather. I like to make up soups & chili so that he can have something hot all day.

6. I have also just gone by Subway & picked up a sub when I had nothing else! Works just as good. One time I didnt have time to make his lunch @ all & stuck a banana & some yogurt in there with a granola bar. I put a 5 dollar bill inside that read "eat fresh!" He thought it was funny, but refused to spend my money on it!

7. If he has access to a microwave, this will be much easier for you. You can always put something from a box in his lunch. Like a Marie Calendar something or other or a Hungry Man. Dont do this all the time, because it isnt personal. But as long as you take the time to pack him something, that is the point.

There are a TON of things to put in your hubbys lunches. Be creative & put in love notes every now & then thanking him for all his hard work. Let him know he's appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment