What are you looking for?

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Home Management Binders


I started using a Home Management Binder about a year ago, & I swear by it! It has made my life so much easier & well, managable! A Home Management Binder is dedicated to organize all the matters of the home. Many people choose catagories such as calendars, contacts, menu planners, ect. Here is what you'll need to start yours:
3 Ring Binder-about a inch to 2 inches depending on how busy your life is!
Dividers-to put sections in your binder
Transparent Folder Sleeves- to hold your printables or checklists (these work great for checklists bc
               instead of using a diff checklist everytime, use one, put it in a cover, use a dry erase marker
               and wipe clean when done!)

This should be enough to get you started. Also, if you google Home Management Binders you can find all kinds of printables to go inside!

Possible catagories to put inside your Binder:
Cleaning List- Now I am a cleaning fanatic. If my house isnt clean enough for people to mention by
the time they've left my home...then I didn't do a good enough job. I have my lists catagorized as
'Daily Cleaning List' (where I have included a Chore of the Day), a 'Weekly Cleaning List' where  Ive included things such as dusting, cleaning the ceiling fan, washing the grates on the stove, ect.
My 'Bi-Weekly Cleaning List' is for things that dont really need much tending-to, such as sweeping
off the screened in porch, washing the porch furniture covering, scrubbing baseboards, ect. I have 
a 'Monthly Cleaning Chart,' & a 'Seasonal Cleaning Chart.'  I am neurotic about a clean house, this may be overwhelming for you & you do not have to make yours so detailed by any means. Start with a daily cleaning sheet. Then you'll see that there are things that you dont need to do daily, but need to be done weekly, such as washing bed sheets or sweeping your porch. And from there, you'll realize things that need to be done monthly and so on.
Contacts- This is a spot that has made my life so much more simple. I put EVERYONES numbers & addresses in here. All my family (I do mean all of them), all of our friends as well as our neighbors. I have also included the numbers to my school & I keep a list of my classmates numbers which always comes in handy. I keep a list of my coworkers, as well as all the numbers for the bills we pay. I keep an emergency of emergency numbers & a list of takeout that we order often. This, of all my lists, has made my life much easier.
Menu Planner- I keep a chart of rotating menu plans for easy planning when I go to the grocery store. I have a list of about 25 meals that have won a place in my hubbys heart that I rotate so that Im not feeding him the same thing twice a week or even twice in 3 weeks. I also like to try new stuff often so I keep a pocket available for recipes I would like to try. These menu planners include side dishes as well as dessert, but I dont make dessert every night.
Calendar-I print two calendars for each month. One for social obligations, appts, birthdays, ect. The other is solely for bills.
Hospitality- I throw a lot of get togethers, & I will find any excuse to do so. I printed a list of parties by the month so whenever I get the urge to bring everyone together & cook, I will always have a good party theme! I keep a guestlist on hand here & foods with their recipes here too.
Finances-I keep a spreadsheet of the money we spend on things like groceries & gas here. I do not keep bills or receipts in this section, however. I have a 12 pocket expandable notebook that I keep all of those things in.

You can put anything you want in your home binder. If you have kids, its a place for their calendars & school lists as well. Its whatever works for you & keeps your home running smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment